Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!

Just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Valentines Day.

Mikey believes it to be a huge Corporate, Money Hungry Marketing event. I will never ever get a card. "Men should not get things on Valentines day, It's a Chick day".

I can't say that I don't disagree with him a tad bit.

Normally I have to beg to get flowers or whatever Hallmark is pushing (I still love my Kiss Kiss Bears!) I'm not a rose person. I like the odd flowers. Lily's, Daisies, Bird of Paradise, etc. I even dislike Diamonds, I'd rather have a Sapphire (MiKeY if you read this, HUSH LoL!)

This year I said absolutely nothing about Valentines Day. Nothing about cards, flowers or even the fact that it was coming up. I just assumed I would get nothing. I assumed he would just forget about it....

Every morning, no matter how late he is running, Mikey kisses me on what ever part of my upper body happens to be sticking out from beneath the covers (He kissed my fingers the other morning cuz that's all that was sticking out).

This morning he kissed me on the forehead and perspicuously (I get points for that Em!) said "Happy Valentines Day, Hunni" and left. That made my day. That was enough to make this a great Valentines Day, I couldn't have asked for more.

So, I get out of bed and look down the hall way to the kitchen table. Nothing. No card, no flowers, nothing. I go in and tell Brax its time to get up. He grunts at me. I make my way down the hall into the dining area, still not seeing anything on the table. I went into the kitchen and groggily made my morning coffee. Went back down the hall to wake up my lil munchkin butt again. This time when I came down back down the hallway I noticed something on the table. A bundle of something. So I scurried (Yes, Scurried) to the table and snapped up the bundle. I stopped and couldn't believe what I was seeing. Roses, beautiful, aromatic Red Roses. Yes, a tear came to my eye as I whispered to myself "Damn you MiKeY". LoL



3 Comments:

Blogger Chris Johnson Babbled...

Lucky!
That is so sweet! I didn't know Mikey had more than one sweet bone in his body, I thought the only one he had was called chocolate! That is great!

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Babbled...

Awww....That's sweet!

3:38 AM  
Blogger Mindy Babbled...

Wow! Props to Mikey!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Casa