Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Kids and their stuff....

Ok, I thought since Brax doesnt have school tomorrow that we'd clean up his room. I wanted to do it before Mikey got in there and threw everything away. I definitely did not want to deal with the wrath of Braxton if Mikey had thrown anything of value away.

Before dinner, around 6pm, I went through the clothes hanging up in his closet. Took out all the Tshirts, dress shirts etc. that he could no longer wear (although he swears that the size small camoflauge T-Shirt he's had for 2 years still fits) and shoes that, although he loves, no longer fit on his ski's. I hung everything else that still fits back up in the closet by order of long sleeves to short sleeves and then by color (yes, Im a freak. You should see my closet).

Then I went through his chest of drawers. Took out all the mismatched socks (Damn hungry ass dryer), pajama's that needed to be thrown out 2 years ago, shorts that are so short on him now they may have looked good on him if he were born back in the 70's, highwater jeans/cords, etc.

All of that filled up an oversized clothes basket. I finished with that right about dinner time. 6:30pm.

After Dinner, I instructed him that he was to start our excursion by picking up all of his lego's. I got an eye roll for that request. But he did it. I then went in with a box of trash bags and began going through every little nook and cranny of his room. How do kids get all the crap they get. By crap I mean, little sticky hand things, yugi OH cards, stickers, candy (You would not believe the # of candy wrappers I threw out), little hand held games, decks of cards (He had 2 decks of cards from Arby's. Both shaped like the Arby's oven mit - gone!) little cross word books, bouncy balls, just all kinds of little crap. I have no other word for it other than crap.

Anyway, all of this crap filled up 2 trash bags. Then.....I dusted. OMG, there was at least (This is NO joke) 1" of dust on this childs dresser and computer desk. How disgusting is that? So, at about 845pm, we were done. Well, I was done. He spent most of the time dancing around his room to Smashmouth and Greenday while shouting out yes or no every once in awhile to my "What is this and do you need/want it anymore?" questions.

So, here I sit at 9:05pm. Finally getting to wind down. Brax and Mikey are out in the living room watching Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith. I think Im going to go lay down in my bed and watch my brand new 20" flat screen TV and fall asleep.......So with that, I bid you all Adieu.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Johnson Babbled...

Now that you finally got Brax's room done, Kenny & Kayla are waithing for you to do thier's!! Have Fun! LOL!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Paula Babbled...

I found you! I try to keep my stuff organized by clothing item...not so much by color. If Mike is doing laundry, Lord only knows where stuff will end up. I don't know how he ever finds anything.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Casa