Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Snow DaY!!!!!

Remember when you were a kid (For some of us that was longer ago than for others)? Waking up on a school day all groggy and dreading the long day ahead. Then hearing those wonderous words coming from Mom's mouth "No school today, its a Snow Day!".

Oh Man, that was always the most wonderful thing. I don't know about the rest of you, but my mom always made us wait until at least 10am before we could go out in the Snow. Never understood why we couldnt go out at 630am. Well, now I do.

I woke Brax up at 630 this morning to tell him that there's no school today. Now, on a normal day, he would stay in bed an extra 5 mins or so while I go and make my coffee. Then he would get up and drudge down the hall way and plop himself at the kitchen table and scoop cereal into his mouth like a Zombie.

Today, however, the Snow Gods shined upon him. He woke up with a grin on his face. I say "Guess What?", he replies "No School?!". "Yep!" I say. Whooosh!!!! go the blankets and he hops out of bed like his butts on fire. All I can do is giggle at him and give him a morning hug, as I remember those days all too well.

So then, its 7am, he's been on his computer now for a half hour. His buddies (Grant and Shane) live accross the street. Apparently the Snow Gods shined upon them this morning as well because theyre up and on their computers too. Both of them are on http://www.runescape.com/, apparently this is the new fad for boys. Anyway, Brax yells out "Mom?! The phone is gonna ring in about 5mins". "Why?" I reply. "Well, Shanes gonna call" he says. I look at the clock, its only 7am. I say "Uhh, I dont think so dude. Its only 7am."

Good Greif!!! Well anyway. I guess I'll go feed him some breakfast now. He's bouncing off the walls and torturing the poor cat.

So for now, I will bid you all adieu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Casa