Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wow what a busy last week

Yeah, I know, havent posted here in awhile, but I figure since everyone generally reads blogs on here, I'll just post in both places...

Well, we all know about the storm lastweek. My mom's house looks like a war zone. EVERY tree in her yard is pretty much a gonner.

The first tree to take the plunge was the one in her back yard. A friend of mine, myself and brax were watchin a movie (Well they were, I fell asleep) and all of the sudden we heard a big CRASH and the house shook. Well, the biggest limb on the tree in the back yard snapped and crashed onto the glass patio table,
luckily it didnt break the table.


That was the first of an interesting evening. The next morning, we had no power, so we couldnt open the garage door. Silly me, I forgot you can pull the little chain thingy and open it manually. After I figured that out and opened the garage door, what I saw left me with only the words "Oh My God!".......

I didnt think to start taking pics until after we had cleaned up a tad.....but here is some pics of the driveway, you get the jist of it....


































Stupid me didnt move my car, when we came out it was completely hidden under the broken branches. Luckily there was no damage to the body, just my poor antenae LoL which is ok, cuz my radio doesnt work right now anway! Anyway, my parents currently "live" in Patton MO where they bought their land at, so I was left to move all this crap by myself. Luckily my step dad decided to come home yesterday and call a tree sercvice. I really didnt want to have to move all of those tree's by myself. That would have been no fun!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous Babbled...

Holy crap x2!

First of all, I haven't been to your blog in such a long time because you haven't posted on it in so long... I happen by today and what the hell? There's a current post on it!!! Hooray for that.

That damage looks pretty bad. Glad that there was not a lot of permanent damage to the house or your car. That totally would've sucked.

P.S. Did you know that I grew up in Seton Hill subdivision? Mikey pointed out your house when he was helping me move. My mom still lives there!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Nichole Babbled...

Umm who are you? =o)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Diana Babbled...

Wow! What a mess. We took a tour of St. Charles last weekend and we saw a lot of neighborhoods that looked like that as well. Glad there wasn't much damage. :o)

(I didn't expect to find a post on your blog, but I still come here to click on the link to get to your myspace page.)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Chris Johnson Babbled...

WOW! What a mess & WOW! You posted on your blog!!

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous Babbled...

Thanks for writing this.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Casa