Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Nothing much today

Today was a good day. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. Work was good although busy. The 2 guys Im stuck in a room with all day constantly have me shaking my head in disbelief at the things they do and say. But, at least they're entertaining.

Oh wait...one thing did happen today. I had a major blonde moment. Haven't had one of those in a LONG time.


So, at around 10:30 am I went to the gas station to buy smokey treats and a Mountain Dew. As I was walking up to the registers (there are 2, one on the right and one on the left) there was a guy at the left counter with a cell phone stuck to his ear. He had just paid for whatever he bought and was walking toward the exit still with the cell phone stuck to his ear. At the same time I was heading for the register on the right.

The lady at the register on the left had started telling him about something he bought as he was walking away with the cell phone stuck to his ear. I was trying to get around him so as not to bump into him, however he was totally oblivious to the fact that I was even there. He just kept walking, with the cell phone stuck to his ear talking to the clerk and whoever he was on the phone with at the same time. I literally had to stop on my tippy toes, my shoes even squeaked, so he didnt knock me down.

The clerk at the right side register, that I was trying to get to, saw what was taking place. We just looked at each other and at the same time said "How rude!!". Now, anyone who knows me knows I love to say things such as "Rude Much!!!!???" very loudly, not necessarily directly to the offending party, but loud enough so that the offending party can hear or at least tell they've pissed me off. However, Mr. I have a cell phone stuck to my ear and am oblivious to the world around me because Im so important that I must talk on my cellphone while Im in the store, was still oblivious to the fact that he almost knocked me down.

If there is one thing I cannot stand its people blabbing on their cell phones while theyre in a store. Simply because 99.9% of the time they pay no attention what so ever to the people around them and when they run into someone, they give them the look of death as though it was that persons fault they weren't paying attention. I HATE that!

So anyway, after that little incident, I finally made it to the register to pay for my things. Now, keep in mind I always pay debit, just cuz that's how I always do it. The clerk couldn't get their debit thing to work, so I did credit. I signed the little receipt, grabbed my items and went on my merry way.

So, 3 hours later, 1:30 pm, Im starving to death. So I decide to go get some lunch. Anyone who knows where my work is knows that we do not have a whole lot to choose from when it comes to fast food. We have McDonalds, ChuckABurger, Jack n the Crack, Mr. Goodcents, Subway and one other place that I dont know the name of. I decide I feel like some McDonald french fries. Now, I am NOT a fan of McDonalds. But they have the best damn french fries and once in awhile I get a hankerin' for em. So there I am in the drive thru. 2 cars in front of me. I reach in my purse to get my debit card and can't seem to locate it. I take everything out of my purse, still no debit card. Now I know I just used my debit card earlier in the morning so it cant be far.


So I whip out of line (didnt want to be one of those people that order then get up to the window and say "Uhh, I dont have any money") and head for the gas station right across the street. I parked at the gas station, checked under my seat, in my purse again, still no debit card. Then I remembered that when I was there earlier, I had to sign for my purchase which is not part of my normal routine. So, on a hunch I wander back in the store. Luckily the same clerk was working from this morning. I say "Did I by chance leave my debit card here?". She gets all excited and shouts to the other clerk (on the infamous left register) "The lady who left her card came back", "I was so upset that I didnt catch you before you drove off and was just sure that you wouldnt remember where you left your card!".


How nice is that. She remembered me. LoL.

So I grab my card and head back to McDonalds to get my french fries.

2 Comments:

Blogger Paula Babbled...

Don't you hate when you do that? Mike and I did that last Friday, only we thought we had left it at the gas station when the whole time, it was in MY purse! DUH!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Chris Johnson Babbled...

McDonalds fries are good but Lions Choice fries or Arby's curly fries!! YUMMY!! :P

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Casa